Brosnan @ Jay Leno show "video"
"Thomas Crown" on Blu-Ray
source ; http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/
Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Rene Russo, Dennis Leary, Faye Dunaway
Director: John McTiernan
Plot Synopsis: Thrill-seeking billionaire Thomas Crown (Pierce Brosnan) loves nothing more than courting disaster - and winning! So when his world becomes too stiflingly “safe,” he pulls off his boldest stunt ever: stealing a priceless painting - in broad daylight - from one of Manhattan’s most heavily-guarded museums. But his post-heist excitement soon pales beside an even greater challenge: Catherine Banning (Rene Russo). A beautiful insurance investigator hired to retrieve the artwork, Catherine’s every bit as intelligent, cunning and hungry for adventure as he is. And just when Thomas realizes he’s finally met his match, she skillfully leads him into a daring game of cat and mouse that’s more intoxicating - and dangerous - than anything either of them has ever experienced before!
Thomas Crown sequel?
source ; www.comingsoon.net
Actor Pierce Brosnan is going to be around a lot in the coming months with key roles in a number of films including Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer and the romantic drama Remember Me. At the junket for Chris Columbus' fantasy-adventure epic Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, in which Brosnan plays a centaur named Chiron, ComingSoon.net asked him if he had any update on the proposed sequel to his 1999 thriller The Thomas Crown Affair, last mentioned almost two years ago, to be based on the 1964 Peter Ustinov film Topkapi and Eric Ambler's novel "Light of Day."
The last word was that Paul Verhoeven might direct and that Angelina Jolie would co-star with Brosnan, so we quickly asked the actor if there was any progress on the sequel.
"We've got the fourth script in and this is the closest we've gotten in structure to making sense," he told us. "It's very very hard. Now we have the character, it's not really fleshed out, so we have to work on him, Mr. Crown, and her, Miss Moore*, another affair, more art, but it has to be an unexpected surprise."
(*Note: We might have misunderstood the name he mentioned but it seems like this might be the new character that reportedly Angelina Jolie was once attached to play.)
Brosnan has been very involved with the process of developing this sequel and making sure to get it right, and while he'll be doing quite a bit of press over the next month for the movies mentioned above, it's not definite we'll be able to get more of an update than that. Look for more with Brosnan in the coming weeks, starting next week before Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief comes out on February 12. (Belgium February 10th)
Pierce Brosnan Favors Charlize as Costar, Obama as President
Former James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan thinks that President-elect Barack Obama would make a good 007.
"He's cool enough. He's definitely got the walk and the talk, yes," the actor told PEOPLE at the second annual Jane Goodall Institute Global Leadership Awards Celebration in Washington, D.C., Friday night. "But I think he's going to make a greater president. And Mr. Daniel Craig is a great Bond of his time."
As far as casting goes, the actor also has filming the sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair on his mind. So who's on his wish list for a female lead?
"Charlize Theron is someone who I've always admired. I think she's someone who has acquitted herself grandly," Brosnan told PEOPLE. "Nothing against Angelina Jolie. I think she's a magnificent actress. But Charlize has a poise about her and has an inner strength and femininity which I really like to watch."
Jolie was reportedly in talks to play the lead this past summer.
Brosnan, 55, and his wife, Keely Shaye Brosnan, 45, received the award for Responsible Activism in Media and Entertainment for their active support of Roots & Shoots, the global environmental youth program that Goodall started.
"Keely and I are honored to be in Washington, D.C., at such an exciting time in this nation's history and to accept this award from our dear friend Dr. Jane Goodall," Brosnan told the crowd at the $500-a-plate fundraiser.
"I have a wonderful wife in Keely, who is very versed in the world of green," he told reporters. "This is a partnership now of 16 years and she has educated me on the environment and how to bring up children, whether it's the food they eat or the food that we grow at home in Hawaii – clean water, good vegetables, recycling." The couple has two sons, Dylan, 11, and Paris, 7, in addition to three grown children from Brosnan's first marriage.
'Thomas Crown' thief
Brosnan losing pounds
Pierce Brosnan is desperate to lose his "'Mamma Mia!' middle."
Former James Bond star Pierce - who insists he looks fat in the new musical movie - is keen to get rid of his excess pounds before he starts filming 'The Thomas Crown Affair 2' with director Paul Verhoeven.
Pierce, 55, said: "Paul does sexy really well. I will have to go to the gym to lose my 'Mamma Mia!' middle before we start the film!"
The actor is set to reprise his role as the thief in the sequel to hit 1999 movie "The Thomas Crown Affair" and Angelina Jolie - who recently gave birth to twins - is said to be in final negotiations to play the character's young love interest.
Rene Russo was Pierce's co-star in the first movie, but the actor insists he wants a new beauty to woo, adding: "This is a different affair." Pierce can currently be seen in "Mamma Mia!" alongside Meryl Streep, Colin Firth and Amanda Seyfried.
Brosnan about THomas Crown sequel
Source : USA today
USA Today caught up with Pierce Brosnan who talked a little about The Thomas Crown Affair 2, directed by Dutch filmmaker Paul Verhoeven (Starship Troopers, Showgirls). The sequel is expected to come out in 2009. Here's what they had to say:
The new caper is partly based on 1964's Topkapi. "We are just using a sliver of that," he says, including the same setting, Istanbul. This time, his billionaire thief is after a rare diamond instead of paintings.
While Rene Russo will not return, a female co-star has yet to be named. Angelina Jolie is considered in the running. "This is a different affair," Brosnan says.
Jolie asked to pile up two stone for 'Thomas Crown Affair' sequel
source ; londennews.net
London, July 24 : Angelina Jolie has been told to put on two stone for her role in the new film 'The Thomas Crown Affair 2', it has emerged.
The bosses of the film, which will be produced by Pierce Brosnan, don't want a repeat of what happened when the actress made action flick 'Wanted' (the super-skinny Jolie fainted on set), say sources.
"Ideally they want Angelina to put on two stone for the role. It is going to be very physically demanding, which is why they want her to carry the extra weight," the Mirror quoted her, as saying.
"They don't want a reprise of what happened with Wanted, where she was fainting and they had to take her costumes in.
"She was also slated for being too skinny to portray an action woman, and for Thomas Crown they want a convincing female lead.
"Hopefully, she will take them up on it - a few extra pounds wouldn't hurt her," the source added.
Newsletter from Pierce
source ; www.piercebrosnan.com
Happy Earth Day.
In celebration of Earth Day, I thought it fitting to pay tribute to Fred Krupp and Mariam Horn's new book, EARTH: The Sequel (The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming). Fred and Mariam's message is profound; once effective federal legislation to cap global warming pollution and establish an emissions trading system is passed, the multi-trillion dollar race toward the new energy sector will be unleashed and thus there will be no need for mankind to continue denigrating our environment because of our fierce addiction to fossil fuel.
Environmental Defense Fund is a great organization and I urge you to visit their website www.edf.org to learn more.
Many of your e-mails have requested a top 10 list of “daily things to do” to promote environmental consciousness. I hope this list inspires you to find a number of ways to protect the planet that are meaningful to you.
1) Eat organic and buy fruits, vegetables, herbs, cheese, eggs, honey and other food products at farmer’s markets which support local farmers and growers. No farms…no food.
2) Use eco-friendly products and services. Purchase all-natural, organic household cleaners, recycled paper products, organic cotton, and non-GMO food products. Locate an organic dry cleaner. Hire an eco-friendly gardening or car service.
3) Recycle everything possible, including printer cartridges, paper products, newspaper, plastic, glass, aluminum cans, cell phones, computers, etc... and cut paper consumption by using e-mail.
4) Give back – support individuals and organizations who are doing extraordinary work for our planet. Over the years The Brosnan Trust has distributed more than one million dollars to environmental organizations, schools, activists, women’s healthcare and various animal and children’s charities.
5) Plant an organic garden or a victory garden– for yourself or a friend and promote green living.
6) Compost kitchen scraps-- from banana peels to coffee grounds, and green waste. Purchase a rotating or stackable composter and start a green waste pile that can be used to fortify your garden naturally.
7) Promote environmental education. We currently fund environmental programs for kindergarten thru grade 12 (Roots and Shoots) in California and helped pass legislation which requires the state of California to design environmental curriculum for all its students.
8) Donate to off set your emissions (plant trees with Tree people; pay a carbon tax when traveling in environmentally sensitive areas, etc).
9) Design an eco friendly home that features energy efficient appliances, low flow and/or composting toilets, state of the art solar technology, recycled grey water, reclaimed hardwoods, and non-toxic paint and building materials.
10) Speak up -- use your voice and speak out about important environmental issues (examples over the past 13 years: stopping BHP’s LNG Terminal off the coast of Oxnard and Malibu, Mitsubishi from building a massive salt factory in Lagoon San Ignacio, protesting the US Navy harming whales with sonar and the French Government’s nuclear testing program in the South Pacific, promoting Dolphin Safe Tuna and supporting the Heritage Tree Bill.)
In the words of my dear friend Jane Goodall;
“Only if we understand can we care,
Only if we care will we help,
Only if we help shall all be saved.”
One person can and does make a difference. What kind of difference do you want to make?
The trailers for Mamma Mia are now playing in theaters. I hope the pure joy we all felt while making the movie shines through. Since the completion of Mamma Mia last fall I have been in Hawaii with my family, making the commute back and forth to Los Angeles and London for various meetings on future projects including the sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair.
On this Earth Day, I wish you and yours peace and joy.